December 06, 2007

That time of they year


Well its that time of the year, where we start to wrap up the year that is almost finished and begin to think of our resolutions for the next year.

This year has been interesting to say the least. Rick and I went to the brink of splitting up ( and we did for a bit) but got it back together and working hard on making us strong again.

We have moved ( yes again) from onehouse in Townsville to an amazing house with a pool, and then to make things slightly more fun we once again sold everything and moved to Perth ( wow last time we got rid of everything we moved to Perth and lasted all of 6 weeks hehe)

Kalyb had a wonderful teacher who I will thank every day for seeing the potential in him, and getting him to the stage where he wasnt behind. Thankyou Zoe we will miss you a lot. Kalyb also made it to the milestone of 10!

Tarni changed schools mid year to Grammar, and loved every second of being there. Thanks go to the wonderful teachers who have guided her on her path so far. Thanks to those who encouraged her love of reading, and got her so far ahead rather than telling her she wasnt allowed to.

Zoe - well Zoe is Zoe, she will always be the one up to mischeif I fear, but I am always proud of the way she stands up for what she beleives in ( no matter how wrong she may be I love the coniction she has,and I must learn to encourage it as it is a great skill when she is older)

I have made some great new friends this year, and have re met many old ones on myspace and facebook. I have found all my cousins on my fathers side ( well basically bar one but I know what she is up to lol). My children have met their "cousins", and found that sense of family that was missing.

I still have days and times where I wonder why certain people wont talk to me, and what I have done to make people upset, but I am learning its something I cant control. Ive learnt that friendships may slowly fade away, but we will always have wonderful memories of what was....and that we cant live in thepast, only be thankful for the influences that made us who we are today.
I have also learnt that my wonderful close friends ( Candy, Alisa, Julie and Jane) will be there for me through thick and thin, and I love them dearly for the things they have done, and the wise things they say to me when we talk.

As for me, I learnt this year where my future career path lies- thankyou Dave and Rowan for teaching me the beginning part of flying- and now my goals are set for the years to come

So resolutions for next year....now to start thinking about them

Main one of course is early next year both Rick and I are competing in the body blitz ( would have been earlier but for me dropping the chopping board on my foot lol)

I know I want to keep up with my blog ( not that you guys leave comments!!!!) and also my scrapping, I may not be of publishing standard but I love it. I also need to practice patience- as that is one thing I lack in a major way :) and also get back to not worrying about what anyone else thinks, as ultimately this is my life with my family.

And the highlights of the year?

*Hot Air Ballooning at sunrise
* Red Bull Air Race in Perth- and having my pic taken with Peter Besenyeis plane, as well as seeing him in the street
*Seeing our gorgeous children grow up
* Seeing my wonderful friends on our trip
and lastly "meeting" my family along the way

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

I am so amazed with what you have completed in your life. You really should give yourself a huge pat on your back!

I live in Perth too... so if you want to catch up, I would love to!

I live in Canning Vale, which is south of Perth. Drop me a line at jenelle@amnet.net.au and I am sure we can work out something.

Jenelle